I was just singing to Lil (part of our bedtime ritual) and some maniac with a 5000 decibel engine tore past our house, did a burn-out around the corner and sped off. This of course startled her out of her alpha sleep making it a damn site more difficult than in needed to be to get her to sleep. This kind of thing makes me so angry for several reasons.
1. It is thoughtless and dangerous.
2. It makes me rehearse arguments/remarks/things to shout.
3. It makes me imagine creating devices or items that i could use to slow them down or damage their cars without being detected (i was just considering throwing a bouncy ball with nails all through it)
4. It fills me with totally impotent rage. I can't do anything to relieve it.
5. It fills me with negative thoughts such as the above when I could be sitting and contemplating the wonder that is my daughter falling asleep.
arggggggggggggggggggggggh. Does anyone have a magik trick to zen that kind of feeling away?
In other news, I've finished a mitten. Thumb and all. I've been walking around with it on in the 33 degree heat just admiring how clever I am. I'm very proud of myself for knitting on dpns!
check ya later.
*This is what Lil and I say when people do dicky things when we're driving around. Like sticking in the right-hand lane even though they're not overtaking or turning, or doing 75 in a 40 zone... more things that fill me with impotent rage.