Recent Posts

Monday, October 01, 2007

How does knitting effect your home life?


Or, how does home life effect your knitting...

In other news, we went to Boorowa yesterday for Irish Woolfest. My husband's family comes from Boorowa so it was a family trip. My mum came along too. The pinnacle event at Woolfest is 'The running of the sheep' which is likened to Pampolona's running of the bulls - except that there is no threat of being gored or trampled to death.

There was some beautiful handcrafts, and gorgeous native flowers and some wool... mostly good wholesome undyed merino, but nothing got me too excited. So while I didn't make it to PicKnit or SnB I figured I did my fibre time...

Still sick - doc thinks that its bronchitis now. Seems the wee bub is making it hard for me to recover from this one...

Hope all is well.

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

My daughter was trying to use a knitting needle to tie up her hair yesterday. Unfortunately, her hair is not quite long enough. The running of the sheep looks tame enough. Can they actually run? somehow they always look like they should fall over with their skinny legs and all that wool.

DrK said...

thats quite a good look shes got going there. yay for the sheep running, i passed through boorowa on sat and went to the wool shop but she mostly sells already knitted up stuff. nice but. including wundies, wool undies. hmmm, dont know about that...