Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Boo!

I've not been around much... I'm acting up at work (acting at a higher level - not acting the fool) and my grandparents have both been sick which has meant weekly trips to Nowra. Sick toddler and kicking foetus mean not much sleep... But enough of the excuses - I've a bit of catching up to do!

Firstly, the lovely Georgie nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger - shanks George! I think just about everyone I visit has one now, but if you don't and you're reading this then - by association - you must be a Rockin' Girl Blogger and so you must avail yourself of this button.


In other news, there is little news. I knitted a bag from some obnoxious orange acrylic from the MIL. I'm still going on a branching out scarf. I'm doing the back of a jumper for Lil for next year in concert with Nana who has done the sleeves. And I'm itching to do something else, but mainly because I want to cast on. I don't want another UFO though, so I'm resisting. In the meantime I've been doing some embroidery. When we were in Nowra Lily saw a snail and spent AGES watching it. Being without craft (but having Nana's sewing room at my disposal) I set upon doing a little embroidery of a snail. Then I did a caterpillar, then a dragonfly. A little garden trio. I'll probably frame them I think. Click for a (much) larger version.


And our friends Geoff and BJ had a beautiful little girl during the week so I did another little one for them - so cute! The image is from a paper napkin from BJ's baby shower.


Other than that there's not much to report. I went to SnB on Monday after the longest absence - soooo good to be back but it seems the night ended rather unfortunately - see Taph's account.

Ta Ra...

2 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Welcome back - we missed you! Hope all is well in your world now - love the embroidery - you obviously are both more patient and more competent than I!

Denise said...

Glad to hear all is (mostly) well - best wishes to your grandparents and Lil for speedy recoveries. Your embroidery is just delightful, I love the baby in a pea pod!