Sunday, March 30, 2008
"You little devil!" said her Dad. "I've dropped three stitches - you nearly scared me out of my wits!"
"Excellent," said Ruby.
I like to imagine Ruby saying 'excellent' in a Monty Burns kind of way...
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Earth Hour, Clean Up Australia, Plant a Tree Day... they all give folks the impression that they've 'done their bit' for the environment rather than making long-term changes for the other 364 days a year. If WWF was serious about getting people to change then they could have pushed a couple of messages about turning the lights off in empty rooms EVERYDAY. Or turning your appliances off at the wall EVERYDAY. I'm happy to go along with the crowd on these days too, but maybe we should say to ourselves 'for every "day" that I do, I'll do something "every day"...
I've worked in the environment department for several years and have always been frustrated by the 'days'. I understand that it raises the profile of many issues and for that we should be happy. But it more often absolves people of their guilt for not doing anything the rest of the time. So that is my challenge to you. Make a commitment to do something for more than just one hour a year.
Monday, March 24, 2008
- Why do you wave your hands in front of your face when you cry? Are you trying to keep the mascara dry or are you doing LOLCat jazz hands? I hope it’s the latter because everyone loves LOLCats.
Some of the questions remind me of your recent post Spidey...
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
My Mum's partner has just come back from a work trip to Paris and brought back the most gorgeous clothes for Lily. The man has an eye for fashion, no doubt. This outfit is not only lovely for its beachy design, but also because it is not pink. A constant frustration to me is that I can't buy interesting coloured clothing for Lil. Just pink mostly. Or pastels. Anyhoo, I love this and I can't wait for her to wear it! Its from www.DPAM.com - well worth a browse!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
1. It is thoughtless and dangerous.
2. It makes me rehearse arguments/remarks/things to shout.
3. It makes me imagine creating devices or items that i could use to slow them down or damage their cars without being detected (i was just considering throwing a bouncy ball with nails all through it)
4. It fills me with totally impotent rage. I can't do anything to relieve it.
5. It fills me with negative thoughts such as the above when I could be sitting and contemplating the wonder that is my daughter falling asleep.
arggggggggggggggggggggggh. Does anyone have a magik trick to zen that kind of feeling away?
In other news, I've finished a mitten. Thumb and all. I've been walking around with it on in the 33 degree heat just admiring how clever I am. I'm very proud of myself for knitting on dpns!
check ya later.
*This is what Lil and I say when people do dicky things when we're driving around. Like sticking in the right-hand lane even though they're not overtaking or turning, or doing 75 in a 40 zone... more things that fill me with impotent rage.
Monday, March 17, 2008
You Are An ISTP
You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
To outsiders you seem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.
You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.
In love, you tend to be very easy going and flexible.
The only thing you can't stand for is someone trying to change you or your life.
At work, you can stay completely calm under pressure. You handle stress well.
You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.
How you see yourself: Logical, flexible, and unconventional
When other people don't get you, they see you as: Indecisive, flippant, and disrespectful
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Anyhoo, the mittens are from Knitting-and and are pretty easy. I haven't done the thumb yet and the red strip is where I've used waste yarn and will now pick up those stitches to do the window where your fingers can pop out. Picture's a bit dodgy, but you get the idea...
I've also finished four roman blinds for my lounge room - only taken 2 years since we moved in, and one year since I got the fabric. But the camera is flat so you'll have to wait for those.
Must go, Master Paddy is bellowing.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
The One Word Challenge
1. Where is your mobile phone? handbag
2. Your significant other? sleeping
3. Your hair? up
4. Your mother? babysitting
5. Your father? riding
6. Favorite thing? reading
7. Dream last night? swimming-pool
8. Favorite drink? milk
9. Your dream/goal? happiness
10. Room you’re in? messy
11. Your ex? scary
12. Your fear? greyness
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? relaxed
14. Where were you last night? home
15. What you’re not? slender!
16. Muffins? chocolate
17. One of your wish list items? ring
18. Where you grew up? canberra
19. The last thing you did? knitted
20. What are you wearing? jeans
21. Your TV? on
22. Your pet? sleeping
23. Your computer? sloooooow
24. Your life? blessed
25. Your mood? ok
26. Missing someone? Yes!!!!
27. Your car? functional
28. Something you’re not wearing? makeup
29. Favorite store? Ikea
30. Your summer? declining
31. Like someone? Yes
32. Your favorite color? Orange
33. When is the last time you laughed? 1pm